Thursday, June 21, 2007

Remarkable Features of CRM 3.0

I was about to delete my notes on (since I've already posted it here), when I scrolled down the pages and saw some notes from the TechNet Session I overlooked last time.

Refreshable Excel Reports

Business Intelligence in CRM includes refreshable Excel reports! I like. :)

It's like an offline report upon which you could update by clicking Refresh and the report can then connect directly to the Reporting Services to get the changes. Just like any export to Excel, you just choose the dynamic report option.

Sir Benjie demonstrated by exporting a report as a dynamic pivot table. What's so good with this is the fact that the user can create his own report then upload it back to CRM. CRM will then have a new report based on the uploaded pivot table --- so easy!

Integrations with MS Word

He also showed us how CRM is integrated with MS Word. A business template can be loaded with data from CRM on the MS Word window directly. Any changes in the document could also be synchronized in CRM. No need to shift from CRM to the document --- so convenient!

Next TechNet Session on CRM

So there were my last pointers on the subject. I'm looking forward for another TechNet Session --- extending CRM 3.0. I hope I could attend that one. :)

No comments:

Your Ad Here