Wednesday, June 6, 2007

VSA Error in SSIS Design Script

Error message: Cannot show Visual Studio for Applications Editor.

I added a Script Component in my package to generate the error description for my fallout table when I clicked the "Design Script" button from the Script tab and got this error.

Through searching the net, I found answers that stated to remove the C# project and restart the Visual Studio application but I did not have any other project than SSIS on my solution.

James McAuliffe also commented a workaround on some forums/blogs like in Jamie Thomson's blog. He recommended registering all the assemblies once more in case of conflicts on Visual Studio or SQL versions but it didn't work out for me either.

I was just too stubborn to download SQL 2005 SP2 which solved the problem afterwards.

No comments:

Your Ad Here